Whether you’re skydiving 10,000 feet above the ground, sailing off the coast of Maine’s shorelines, standing at the summit of a mountain or scuba diving under the Atlantic’s waters, a visit to Southern Maine is about gaining perspective. It’s getting away from it all to behold the majesty of Nature and reveling in the friendly Maine culture and finding repose in your quaint lodging.
1. Rent a kayak or take a guided tour exploring the coast from York to Portland. Kayak Excursions. Kennebunkport, ME.
2. Navigate through Maine’s largest salt marsh in Scarborough sighting wildlife and removing yourself from the hustle and bustle of city sounds. Canoe Trips, Scarborough, ME.
3. Take a boat tour to Goat Island Lighthouse or cruise along the Kennebunk River with The Porpus. Tours also includes a BYOB Sunset Cruise. Kennebunkport, ME.
4. Haul in a lobster trap on the Rugosa Lobster Boat Tour along the Kennebunk River and Walker’s Point. Kennebunkport, ME.
5. Hop onboard the Pineapple Ketch for scenic coastal sailing excursions along the shores of Kennebunkport. Kennebunkport, ME.
Land Lubbers Activities
6. Leave the sights and sounds of the metropolis at Ferry Beach State Park with nature trails and walks on the beach. Stay the night at Ferry Beach Association. Saco , ME.
7. Immerse in merriment at the Salvation Army Pavilion Amphitheater for festivals, live music, games, pony rides and events. Old Orchard Beach, ME.
8. Peruse the fine arts and spectacular sculptures at the Portland Museum of Art, Maine’s oldest art museum exhibiting pieces dating from the 18th Century to present date. Portland, ME.
9. Take off on a bike ride through scenic coastal paths and maintained wooded terrain at Kennebunkport Conservation Trust, Bridle Path. Rent bikes and find more trails through Kennebunkport Bicycle Co.. Kennebunkport, ME.
10. Bring the kids next door from the Portland Museum of Art to the Children’s Museum of Maine and keep them busy with the toddler park, cave and farm, space shuttle, interactive science exhibits, and camera-obscura theatre.
11. Visit Maine’s curious natural phenomenon at the Desert of Maine with nature trails through sand dunes, glass museum, butterfly room and camps.
We hope you enjoy your visit to Southern Maine. See more attractions and things to do in Southern Maine.